Below are some farms kind of in the area where you can go to celebrate Fall and get some good pumpkin pictures. This has become a tradition in our family. I'm surprised how far we have to go to do this. I wanted to post this for you gals in the area in case you didn't know where to go. We plan to go somewhere this weekend, but we haven't decided which one yet. The first 2 are a little over an hour away from where we live. The third is only about 45 minutes away.
The one we went to last year has some slides that the kids loved! One is even fun for the parents... I think I'll skip this year.
Here's the info! Maybe we'll see you there!
Blessings,
Melinda =0)
The Apple Harvest Festival on Saturday is at Windy Hill Orchard in York, SC (from 9-6, I think) The festival is free, but if you want to do some stuff… it is $7 a person. Here is what they said in an e-mail back to me: Admission is free....if you would like to do the tour (hayride, pumpkin, tasting, cider making demi, Johnny Appleseed story) the cost is $7 http://www.windyhillorchard.com/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/index.php (I just got an e-mail from the orchard and you don't need reservations for the tours on Saturday, and kids under 2 are free with a paying adult.)
Last year we went to Riverbend Farm. It is north (maybe) of Monroe. It was great! It is $4 a person (not an apple orchard… but it has neat stuff) Pumpkins are 40 cents a pound if you want to pick one from the field (or 5). It is a HUGE field! Cool. The kids LOVED this whole experience last year. (open 10-6 on Saturdays) http://www.riverbendfarm.net/docs/october_weekends.html
Hunter Farm is open 9-7 on Saturdays. It is just up 16. The MOPS group went there last year, but I didn’t go. It is in Weddington 3 miles south of 485, I think. It is $8 for adults and $6 for kids and pony rides are $4 each. http://www.thehunterfarm.org/Home/index.html
Grandparents might be free.
No comments:
Post a Comment