Today on the way home from the library, we were listening to an Adventures in Odyssey tape. One of the characters mentioned civil war just as we were arriving home. Derek got out of his seat & was looking directly at me. He said, "Mom, he just said civil war." I agreed & said it again wondering what his big epiphany was. Actually, I was hoping he was remembering the other day when we had read a story about some missionaries who were experiencing civil war in their country. Derek has an excellent memory and quite a handle on some big vocabulary for a Kindergartener.
Well, I quickly discovered I was wrong. Derek said, "He said, 'civil war' you know like what we eat with!"
Ha! I tried not to laugh too hard, but I made sure I enunciated the difference between silverware and civil war!
I hope you're having a good day! Our day yesterday improved. Derek hasn't complained about his thumb all day today... nor did he complain at all yesterday past mid-morning! Thank you, Lord. Thank YOU for lifting us up!
Blessings,
Melinda =0)
No comments:
Post a Comment