Last week as I was waking, this verse was on my mind. (The verse is Jeremiah 31:13 where God says, "Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow." (italics mine)
This verse was on my mind because I was enjoying the movements of this precious life inside of me. I have been confident of this baby's movement since October 1st when I was speaking at the church up in Charlotte for Caleb Ministries.
The reason it is even SO MUCH MORE special this time around is because after I began to suspect something may be wrong with Seth, I would lie in bed waiting and waiting and waiting to feel him move. I was far enough along that I thought I should be feeling him. However, I was still in the range of "normal" for not feeling movement yet. Those weeks of wondering and waiting were so hard. It was hard to start my day which in turn made everything much slower getting started. I had already begun the mourning process before I knew for sure that something was wrong with Seth.
So, now... I have the GLADNESS. Now when I awake, I can feel the reassuring signs of life. I am around 19 weeks along now, so I have been feeling movement since before 17 weeks. It has been a precious gift from my Lord. And with this gift, as it states in the verse... God has given me Gladness... He's given me comfort and joy. It does make me feel like dancing... but instead, I lie in bed a few minutes longer and savor every movement. Thank you, Lord.
As you may pray for our family today, please pray that we would have joy and gladness throughout the day no matter what we face. Pray that we would accomplish all that GOD DESIRES for us to accomplish. Pray that we would all be disciplined in all areas the Lord is at work in our lives. Also continue to pray for this life inside... pray for a healthy baby & Mommy & a wonderful delivery in March. Also, please pray for all to stay healthy as the temperatures change.
Please let us know how we can pray for you! Have a wonderful Monday & a great week!
Love,
Melinda =0)
1 comment:
YAY! I am sooo happy to hear you have a stong little kicker! Praying that you have a great pregnancy and a healthy baby!
Post a Comment