On this day (in the last week or so), she was in a posing mood! =0) All the kids (yes, even the boys) were playing dress up. The girls were in princess garb, and the boys were who knows what... builders, pirates, etc. I decided to grab the camera to see if Emma would pose... and she did!
While you're here looking at my Emma, I want to tell you something so sweet about her. Below is a picture of some flowers that grow by our back door. (Now they might be weeds for all I know, but to Emma & me, they are flowers!) There were some other flowers growing there, too, but I waited too long to get a picture of them.
Just about each and every time we pass by those flowers, Emma stops to pick some for me. It just about makes me cry. Now, it usually just about makes me cry because I am always fussing and rushing the kids in or out of the house... "hurry & get in the car & buckle up" or "hurry & get inside." In the midst of my fussing, my precious Emma is picking me flowers. I don't deserve them. Not at all. Then each time, I'm finishing buckling her or inside the house, she looks up at me and grins, "Flowers for you, Mommy."
Just sitting here thinking about this, I am crying. How undeserving I am of her unconditional love.
Isn't God the same way? We are rushing around hurrying through life, and He is holding out blessings for us that we pass up. Right now, he is offering us the glory of Fall. Are we able to sit back & relax and enjoy his gift? Do we stop to say, "Thank you, Lord"? Do we model that for our children? Are they learning the hurried life from us? Or are they learning to be still and know that HE is Lord?
I know I need to stop being in a hurry so much. Even when I'm trying to stop, I'm still hurrying (and not accomplishing anything).
Lord, please help me to STOP. Help me to start each day asking you to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Help me to only walk the path you have chosen for me that day. Help me to stroll down that path, not sprint, so that I will not miss anything you have in store for me. Help me notice others along the path that you have put there for me to bless and bring closer to you. Father, help me be still... not just to be still... but in order to hear you speaking to me. Help me teach my children these truths. More importantly, Lord, help me model these truths to the blessings you have given me. In Jesus name, Amen
May the Lord be with you today as you worship Him.
Love,
Melinda =0)
1 comment:
Oh Emma you are such a beautiful Princess!
Post a Comment