Psalm 18
1 I love you, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn [a] of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.
...
16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the LORD was my support.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.
...
46 The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock!
Exalted be God my Savior!
47 He is the God who avenges me,
who subdues nations under me,
48 who saves me from my enemies.
You exalted me above my foes;
from violent men you rescued me.
49 Therefore I will praise you among the nations, O LORD;
I will sing praises to your name.
50 He gives his king great victories;
he shows unfailing kindness to his anointed,
to David and his descendants forever.
This morning as I get glimpses of the sun rising over our back field, the following is so true...
Psalm 19
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
3 There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
...
7 The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure
and altogether righteous.
10 They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.
11 By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.
In my quiet times in the morning, I have been attempting to read a chapter in Genesis and 5 chapters in Psalms. Well, as seems to be the theme... I am always behind. Since today is the 14th, I should have read Psalm 66-70. But instead I read Psalm 18 & 19! Nonetheless, they were what I needed to read this morning. What a wonderful reminder of God's power and righteousness. What a great reminder that He is on our side... if we're on His.
May you be encouraged today by God's Word no matter the battle, enemy, or struggle you face. May you take refuge in HIM today!
Blessings,
Melinda =0)
For both complete passages follow the link to Biblegateway.com: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2018%20-19;&version=31;
No comments:
Post a Comment