TURN YOUR VOLUME UP!
Last week we began swimming lessons for all the kids! They are offered at the JAARS pool for $10 per kid for two weeks of lessons! You can't beat that! All four of our kids are getting lessons on their level for a grand total of $40!! Last year they (and therefore I) were quite horrified of swimming! This year the three oldest are so comfortable. I think Wesley would enjoy it more if he weren't so hot & tired by the time his lesson rolls around!
Anyway, the teacher is wonderful & we're all learning a lot. She is the one holding Derek & teaching him to float on his back in this clip. I hope you can hear what he says at the end. It is the reason I uploaded the video! I think it will have you chuckling. If you need a script for the end, see below...
First you see Olivia with the assistant all calm & floating. You can hear Wesley hollering for me in the background & occasionally see & hear Emma right in front of me. Then you see Derek getting his turn. The teacher tells him to lay like a log, then she tells him to put his arms out like he's on a cross like Jesus died on, then she tells him to rest his head on her shoulder like he's going to take a nap, then he says, "I think I've gotta go potty." It had us all laughing!
This video was our first day...last Monday. After this Olivia got moved up a class since she's so comfortable in the water & doing well. So, we have to be at the pool at 10 a.m. for her class, 10:30 for Derek's, then we play in the kiddie pool & eat lunch, then Wesley & Emma have their lessons at 12... so by the time we leave it is about 1pm... so it was an exhausting week! We actually took Friday off to help the kids (and Mommy) recover & to let their WHITE now PINK skin rest, too. On Monday, we'll be hitting it again! Please pray for our stamina! Thankfully it won't be as hot this week!
The kids will get to practice all their new skills when we go to Florida in September. Our host home has a swimming pool! We'll all have lots of fun!
1 comment:
Hi Melinda,
Go over to my blog and retrieve your reward.
Post a Comment