Seven months ago I assumed that I would be a full 9 months pregnant today, August 25, 2008, awaiting the arrival of our fifth child. Today was Seth's due date. Instead, as most of you probably know, our little Seth was born on April 30th with his soul already in Heaven.
It is easy to be sad today. Instead, I want today to be a day of joy. I want to rejoice over the life Seth had... has! He is alive... complete and whole! He's before the throne worshipping our Lord and Savior. I want to rejoice like the nurses did as soon as Seth was delivered. Even though there was no breath in his lungs, they were rejoicing over God's perfect creation. They marveled over his perfect little body. I'll never forget their sounds of praise. I want to rejoice for your friendship as you have walked with us through this valley. I want to thank you, again, for your kind words and cards in the spring. I rejoice as I have experienced God's sufficient mercy. His mercies ARE new every morning.
So, today, we celebrate. Dano has taken the day off. We are going to spend the day together as a family having fun and celebrating Seth's life. We had planned to spend the early part of the day swimming at a friend's house, but it doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate. So now we are trying to decide what to do.
So, as you read this, celebrate with us that Seth is alive!
Love,
Melinda
1 comment:
I praise the Lord with you for Seth. God's creation in the tiniest little form as Seth was when he was born is so amazing! Truly we are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Post a Comment