Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Everything is In!

Thanks again for praying! Everything is in now for our written application with Wycliffe! Yea! (Until they send us more.) Now if you're thinking what is the big deal about this application... I just counted up how many pages our application turned out to be and it was 39 pages combined! That does not include our college transcripts or our family picture or our 10 references! So maybe that helps explain what you've been praying about all these months! Now if you are thinking you are called to missions, don't let that be a deterrent! If you are single, you'll have about half those many pages! It was a worthy process! We're glad we were able to do it! It really was helpful. I'm not just saying that! =0)

Dano started his TE (Technical Evaluation) this morning, so if you didn't get our e-mail update about that, please cover him this week in prayer. (See below for the e-mail I did send out.)

We both had a meeting this morning with one of the trainers at JAARS before the kids' swimming lessons. It went well... I guess! =0) I guess we'll find out on Friday (hopefully) what the results of the week are unless there is some unforeseen interruption. Let's pray there won't be any! It seems like we've waited forever for this week! Okay, I know, I know... patience! I'm patient. I just keep repeating that to myself! Oh, one of the things he said that he likes to tell the guys doing the TE is to relax, have fun, & enjoy the week. So you can add that to your prayers for Dano.

I hope y'all have a great week! Remember to keep us in your prayers for stamina during swimming lessons! 1 day down... 4 to go!

Here's the e-mail for those not on our e-mail list:

PRAYER REMINDER:

Dano’s TE (Technical Evaluation) with JAARS (a branch of Wycliffe Bible Translators) begins THIS Monday, August 11th & will be completed on Friday, August 15th. Completion & passing of the TE will enable us to move on in our application process with Wycliffe & JAARS.

Please pray for Dano to have calmness & recollection of all he knows… especially during the oral evaluation.
Please pray for the Lord’s will to be done.

Thank you again for all your prayers! Please feel free to share this request with your Sunday school class or Bible study group. Feel free to print this as a reminder during the week.

I hope this finds you well. Please let us know how we can pray for you.


Blessings,
Melinda =0)

No comments: