This upcoming week is going to be very busy for us. We'd appreciate your prayers!
Dano & I will be attending a "Partnership Development" workshop M-F at JAARS. PD is where we learn more about writing newsletters, keeping you informed of our prayer requests & needs, learn how to better take care of you, learn new ideas about sharing with you in person, etc.
Our kids will be in childcare all week during the mornings at the JAARS center. I think they'll all have a great time! However, those of you who may remember me writing about VBS may recall Emma has a bit of a separation anxiety thing going on again these days. Please pray that Emma will separate joyfully & have a great time (for her sake, the teachers', and ours)! Please pray that they will stay well. They've all had a little battle with a summer cold this past week (after me posting about how healthy they are!)!!
During our lunch break, we'll bring them home & a sitter will be keeping them til we get home around 5 or 5:30 p.m. M-W. Between the mornings & afternoons, this will be the most our children have ever been babysat in one week, I think! Please pray for their safety.
The Thursday & Friday afternoon sessions are optional, so I think Dano & I will take turns staying home on those afternoons... or Dano may stay home both. His father (and possibly step-mother) are coming on Thursday afternoon to stay for a long weekend visit for JAARS Day this Saturday (are you coming?) and also for Olivia's 7th birthday! (Yikes, how did that happen?) Dano may stay home all day Friday to visit with his family.
SO, please keep us in your prayers this week. We will be leaving every day around 7:30 a.m. in order to arrive, drop off the kids, and get to our class! That is unusually early for all 6 of us to leave together! Wesley is most often still in bed around that time!
I hope you have a blessed week focused on the Lord!
Love,
Melinda =0)
PS The Lord has been waking me up at 5:30 in the mornings, but I have been ignoring Him. I'm trying to get some more sleep. Finally this morning I obeyed, I got up, had some hot tea, and enjoyed my Bible study in a nice, VERY quiet house. I'm still doing the Beth Moore Bible study on the Psalms of Ascent. This morning I was studying Psalm 130. I thought maybe you'd like to read it! It is just wonderful to remember that we are forgiven... (you know, if you've asked to be!) We are FULLY redeemed! Praise the Lord! Are you waiting for the Lord? Not just for the second coming... but to encounter Him EVERY day? Having that HOPE is such a wonderful gift! Thank you, Lord, for your Word! Thank you for your forgiveness & your hope!
Psalm 130
A song of ascents.
1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
2 O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.
3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness;
therefore you are feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.
7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
for with the LORD is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.
8 He himself will redeem Israel
from all their sins.
1 comment:
wow! what a psalm! thank you for sharing that. we are reading through the Bible as a family, and i think they must have read that one while i was staying with you. :)
Olivia:
happy birthday!! :) i am going to send you a card tomorrow, but i wanted to tell you this now. it is a little early, but im sure you will forgive me, am i right? ;)
i hope this week has been good and productive for you and dano, as well as the kids. i will continue to keep you all in prayer.
love you all!
Post a Comment