Well, this is literally the FRUIT of our labor... blueberries to be exact! YUM!! The top left green is Olivia's bucket, the lavendar one at the top is Emma's, the red is Dano's, Wesley's, & mine combined, and the lower green one is Derek's. Now don't be deceived. Derek worked just as hard as the others... he just ATE a lot more of his labor!! At one point his bucket was as full as Olivia's or Emma's! Yikes! Thankfully, he didn't have a tummy ache! (These are those big Easter buckets from Wal-Mart.)
We are BLESSED beyond measure with great friends here in South Carolina. Two of these dear friends invited us over to pick blueberries (well, first they gave us some, then I asked if they'd be open to having us come for the experience... and they graciously allowed us!) So, on Monday evening after supper, we headed on over (they live about 2 miles from us) to pick some blueberries! Mr. Kent & Mrs. Jean are some of the nicest folks we've ever met. They are hard workers, too. Right now they are constantly picking blueberries. They also harvest their own honey (which is some of the yummiest I've ever tasted!), and they do lots of other things to. Not to mention, they go overseas on mission trips quite often! I think they understand God's version of retirement!
We all had a great time. Mr. Kent gave us some picking tips (basically what color to pick), and we were off! I was impressed with the kids' stamina & focus. I thought they'd be done in about 15 minutes, but they were still going strong when it was time to go... maybe 45 minutes later??? I could be wrong about the time. Wesley, of course, didn't pick for too long. He was more interested in mashing the berries between his fingers or eating them.
In one picture you can see that the cat got his attention. Emma enjoyed the cat, too. This is a "stray" cat that lives outside. Her name is Sarah! =0) Tonight when Emma saw the pix on the computer, she said, "There's my cat!" Sorry... no pets for us right now!After a little while, Wesley & I went for a walk over to the pond. Meanwhile the others kept picking! 







We've been enjoying the blueberries that our friends gave us. I even made a yummy (and very bad for you) blueberry cobber!! YUM!!! The rest of those we ate for snacks and on cereal. The ones we picked we are slowly (or quickly) eating away. Hopefully we'll have a few left on Saturday so we can make some blueberry pancakes!
Love,
Melinda =0)
1 comment:
You surely do have beautiful and handsome, intelligent and hard working children. And it appears that they even know which bucket is their own. I just wonder if they are related to their Grandpa Max???????????. Ha!! I do hate that they couldn't invite me to help with cobler. I love you all, Daddy
Post a Comment