Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ahhhh... Much Better!

Now this is what our living room looked like when we went to bed... and when company arrived! Thanks to Kelly, we got lots done today!! Overall, I think I got rid of at least 6 tubs of clothes!

Actually, we were expecting Dano and the gentlemen to arrive around 5:30 p.m. Shortly after 5 there were still tubs in our living room. Kelly & I were running around like crazy! She was moving tub after tub to the garage as fast as she could. I was picking up lose ends, making sure the kids were dressed, Emma was using the potty (Yea, Emma... she's doing great!), putting the couch slip cover back on, etc. It was crazy. I still needed to change & put some make up on (for everyone's sake). Just as I was finished doing that, I could hear Dano & our guests trying to get in the front door. Derek was trying to open it for them unsuccessfully. So, I greeted them & ushered them into our empty living room. I still had to sweep, but other than that, we got it all done... just in the nick of time!

I may have mentioned we were expecting 3 guests, but one had prior arrangements, so we enjoyed the company of two men: one from Minnesota and the other from Pennsylvania. They didn't know each other until arriving here. They are both giving up a week of their time to come here & volunteer. They are painting the inside of one of the buildings. Neither is a painter by trade, but they are willing to be used by God wherever! Isn't that neat?! Also, they are PAYING to do this (travel costs & lodging)! What an awesome sacrifice!

They were such a blessing to us. We were looking forward to blessing them & getting to know their stories, but they wanted to know ours. So we got to relive many of the miracles God has worked to get us here where we are today. It was kind of a mountain top experience remembering all that God has done for us. It reminded me of Psalm 126 that I was reading for my Bible study. Thank you God for the wonderful things you have done in our past! Thank you for the wonderful things you are going to continue to do in our future! And as reminded in Psalm 125, thank you for always surrounding us... especially during the hard times. I love you, Lord!

Thank you Mike & Bob for sharing a meal with us & wanting to hear our stories! May the Lord bless you 100 fold for the sacrifice you have given to come & serve here at JAARS!

Have a blessed day!

Love,
Melinda =0)

No comments: