Oddly enough, for someone who is sick, you'd never guess it. Derek doesn't have a fever... not even a touch. His appetite is great (although I'm sort of switching him to a BRAT diet). He is playing like normal. (As you can see in a pix below.) He threw up Saturday morning. Then he had VERY loose bowels later in the morning. Then no other events all day. Then he threw up around 3:45 this a.m. Then twice today he's had very loose bowels. His throat doesn't hurt, but he sounds just a touch horse. Nothing hurts (except his tummy a little when "something" happens). So, all in all the virus isn't horrible, but it is keeping us at home. But one of the things that makes it not so horrible is that Dano is at home to clean up the throw up. What a man! So hopefully, we've seen the last of that from Derek... and no one else will do it! Thank you for praying for that!
This morning we had our own little church service here. Dano read a Bible Story & some scripture, Daddy led us in singing, and I read a missionary story. The kids colored some Bible pages while Dano, Daddy, & I watched a Louie Giglio DVD (How Great Is Our God). But what is funny is that Derek asked why we weren't going to church! BECAUSE YOU ARE SICK! He just doesn't get it! =0) That's good.
Below are some pix from yesterday and this morning (while Derek was sick). I guess I can understand why he might be confused as to why he's not going to church. Yesterday, he played outside, dug for worms, went fishing (not very long...it got too chilly), and this morning he was wrestling with Grandpa Mac! (Of course, we stayed at home to spare others from the virus.)
Thanks for praying!
Blessings,
Melinda =0) (pix below)
1 comment:
Hi Melinda,
So sorry to hear about Derek's virus. Our family got it last week. Same symptoms also. But Lauren was the first to get it and then 2 days later the 3 of us came down with it! I hope that is not the case in your house! We will be praying for all of you!!
Post a Comment