
Okay, I am kind of feeling like Farmer Zuckerman this morning! You know, he's the one who saw "Some Pig" written in Charlotte's Web above Wilber's pen. Well, this morning Emma drew a picture of Derek on her Doodle Pro. It is a great picture for a three year old, in my opinion. However, what is really amazing is that next to the picture, she wrote his name. Emma knows her ABCs and the sounds of most of them. We have never worked on writing them. I don't believe in pushing kids. =0) Anyway, she learned how to write her name by herself. It is not perfect handwriting... but it says Emma. Now, I have no idea how she knew how to spell or write Derek's name! It isn't perfect. As you can see, sometimes she gets carried away with the lines on her E's. The D is backward, but she's 3! Now, the K might be missing or it might be under the other letters. I have questioned all the kids, and they didn't help her at all! I know this is her handwriting because I recognize her E's and it doesn't look like the other kids' writing! I just thought I would share this cool thing with y'all and brag on my Emma! =0)
Below is a pix of Derek and a masterpiece he made the other night. He's 5, and he's quite the artist, too. (In case you are wondering, that is a moustache on this gentleman.) Yes, Olivia is, too, but I don't have any recent work to post! I'm sure Wesley is following in their footsteps... we just have to make sure he's not doing graffiti at this stage!!

BTW, I am 23 weeks pregnant today. This is a milestone week in some ways because I was 23 weeks along when I delivered Seth. So, keep us in your prayers this week. Thankfully, I continue to feel this little one inside of me growing stronger everyday. Even Dano & the kids have gotten the opportunity to feel this little one kicking, so we're really looking forward to the spring when this little one makes his/her appearance! Thank you for continuing to pray for a safe & healthy pregnancy & delivery.
Have a great day!
Blessings,
Melinda =0)
PS Emma just walked up. I told her again I was so proud of her for writing Derek's name. I said how did you know how to spell Derek's name. Then she just spelled it for me! D-E-R-E-K
cool! =0)
1 comment:
Yeah!!! I am sooo happy that you are doing well with your pregnancy! I am still praying for you and a healthy little one! You are more then 1/2 way there now! Whoo Hoo!
Post a Comment