Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Much Better Night! & Some Kid Funnies!

Last night we slept through the night! Derek did not throw up all night or this morning! PTL! His bowels were still very loose this morning, so he got a second dose of medicine (which looks like & smells like some sort of toxic cleaner). Everyone got one dose before supper last night, and as long as they remain incident free, that will be the only dose they receive. Hopefully, Derek will not need anymore after this morning's dose! Please pray I don't have to give anyone anymore medicine!

Dano and I feel much better this morning after a complete night of rest. He will be working the entire day today at the hangar. Yea!

I bought antibacterial soap for all the sinks (we normally don't use it because it is too harsh on our hands). I put all the towels away and have paper towels by the sinks for drying! Now, if I could just burn everything else they had touched and be done with it! =0) Okay, maybe a little drastic, but it would rid the house of a lot of germs. How long do these germs live away from their hosts anyway???

Hope you have a great day!

Love,
Melinda

PS Some kid funnies:

Yesterday, all the kids were down for a nap. Derek has a "waterfall" that stays on for an hour. When it goes off, he can get up. He didn't show up after an hour, so I assumed he was asleep. I let him sleep since he's been sick. Later when he was up, I asked him if he'd gone to sleep. He said, "No, I just closed my eyes and dreamed. I didn't sleep."

The other night when Olivia had thrown up in the wee hours, I went to her bed to pray over her after she was back in bed. (This is the night I had made supper for the fam, but I left before they ate to go to Charlotte to do a recording for Caleb Ministries.) Suddenly Olivia was in full conversation mode. She started telling me about how she didn't eat much of this apple tart I had made (from apples my Daddy brought from his tree). Then in the same breath she said, "Did you know the smallest monkey in the world is the size of a hamster, BUT it hunts like a cat? We were watching a nature show last night." I started to converse with her about this fact, but as quickly as she had been conversational, she suddenly wasn't. She turned over to go to sleep! It was too funny!

No comments: