This morning (Saturday) when we got up, Derek was ready to build a house! He was dressed for the part... hard hat, vest, and tool belt. He also had is plans. One side had the before picture; the other side was the after. He was waiting for his partner, Daddy. Dano goes to a Men's Bible study at a nearby church (not ours) that meets on Saturday mornings at 7 a.m.
Derek has an amazing imagination that keeps him busy. This is a great attribute for an energetic five year old boy. Although at times his energy and imagination frustrate me, I need to learn to enjoy them more and even embrace them.
I do believe all children need to learn manners and how to show respect for rules in our society, etc. However, don't you think boys are often "discriminated" against and expected to be less than the boys God created them to be? A couple of years ago I read Wild at Heart and Bringing Up Boys. Both of these books helped me to better accept my boy (now boys) as the little warriors and hunters in training that God created them to be. Gosh, these books even helped me understand Dano better... and other men. If you haven't read them, and there are any men or boys in your life, I think you will find them very eye opening and helpful.
Well, I need to get to work cleaning something around this house! Hopefully the sad picture doesn't reflect our house here!
Have a great day!
Blessings,
Melinda
PS If you haven't made a guess on the previous post, make one! =0)
2 comments:
Derek is cool! Encourage him!
Hey, Derek is a natural for the CAM Division!
Post a Comment