Although this is true, it doesn't have the same meaning as it used to. Ever since we left Texas, it seems like we don't have a home. This is not a reflection of our friends or churches in Ohio or South Carolina. Actually, it is much more shallow than that. I am just talking about our house. Since we've entered full-time missions, we've been renting. This has given us a less than permanent feeling in life. This really is a good thing. This earth is not our home. We're only here for a while until we go to our eternal home... amen?
Anyway, previously when we'd travel and we'd come "home" to our house in Jacksonville, FL or our house in Arlington, TX it always felt GREAT to be home. Now, it is kind of ugh! =0) Okay, this is just really shallow. I probably shouldn't post this, but this is REAL. I miss living in NEW construction. I miss new showers with water pressure. I miss new flooring and carpet. I miss the walls being painted the colors I want them to be painted.
So, I guess I need your prayers to be content again. We are so blessed to be where we are. God has blessed us with a great house for our family... it just isn't ours. But what truly is OURS in life? Don't we need to always keep in mind that our time here is temporary?
That is my prayer. Lord, help me stay focused on the eternal. Help me keep my eyes on you and YOUR GLORY. Father, you take such awesome care of me. Thank you. Thank you for meeting the needs of my family. Father, we could not ask for more! Forgive me for my lack of contentment! I love you, Lord.
Well, we are back home in the Carolinas. We got home last night. We had an incredible time in Florida! Thank you for praying! It was great to see all we saw. Unfortunately we didn't get to see everyone we'd hoped to.
I don't have time to type more. I'm at the library & about to be kicked off the computer. Our computer is still dead. Please pray it will be alive soon!
Love,
Melinda =0)
1 comment:
Glad you are back! Glad to hear the Emma got better quickly and that no one else got sick! Hope to see you in Bible Study Wed. It hasn't been the same with out you!
See you Sunday.
Post a Comment