Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Praise the Lord!

Once upon a time... I was organized! I found our CDs! They were in our filing cabinet in a folder called DELL... imagine that! Why didn't I look there first? Anyway, yea! Thanks for any prayers you said for me to find them! =0)

Now hopefully I will be able to load them & then get our info back into the programs where it belongs (like our contacts in outlook, etc.). You might lift up a prayer for me to figure this out.

Since I'm posting on the blog again, you may have guessed we got the computer back... another praise! And since internet explorer is part of the operating system that JAARS loaded back on for us, I am able to go online. Yea! So now I can check my e-mail from home again. Yea! I still don't have all the e-mails, home addresses, phone numbers, etc. until I can figure out the whole thing of importing my data on the external hard drive to the new hard drive. If I can't figure it out, I know the folks at JAARS will be able to help me!

This is one of the great services JAARS provides Wycliffe Bible Translators missionaries and volunteers, like us! They ordered us the new hard drive we needed, installed it, and reloaded Windows XP for us... all for under $70! Yea!

BTW, in case you are wondering... Emma is all better! She was almost 100% on Saturday night/Sunday morning, so we took her to church with us but kept her with us during Sunday school and church so as not to expose any more children to whatever was already going around in case she was still able to pass anything on. We spoke in a young married class so to have a preschooler in there with us was something they were used to (we were told)! =0) So, they definitely saw that we were REAL! =0) Another praise is that no one else in our family got sick! Yea!

Well, blah, blah, blah... I will let you go. I've got lots of programs to put on the computer... some from CDs and some from the internet.

Hope you are well. I'd love to hear from you!

Love,
Melinda =0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE GOD DID A HEALING WORK ON MORE THAN ONE LEVEL...BUT THEN HE IS THE GREAT PHYSICIAN :) AND MULTITASKING IS HIS SPECIALTY.
WE ALL HAVE MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR.