Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Computer Crash

Well, our hard drive finally crashed.  Boo hoo.  So, while we're on the road, JAARS has our lap top replacing the hard drive for a very reasonable price.  Unfortunately, our computer won't be completely functional until I find all our CDs that came with our computer about 5 years ago... you know, when we lived in TX before we moved to OH, then moved in OH, then moved to SC!  So, it may be a while.  Apparently, I did not think about this scenario and the importance of knowing where those CDs were!  Ugh!  Now I know!  

Thankfully, (thanks to a generous partner) we have all our data backed up on an external hard drive... including everyone's contact info and our pictures, etc.  Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll have access to all of that since I don't know where all those other CDs are.  

So, in the meantime, I can still check my e-mail (from other places) since yahoo is a web based account.  However, I always used it through Outlook, so that is where all my up to date addresses are.  So, you may not hear from me via e-mail unless you send me an e-mail first.

As I'm able, I will give updates on our blog.  I'm sending this one from my aunt & uncle's in Dalton, GA.  

Please pray for our safe travels (and for me to find those CDs).  

Blessings,
Melinda  =0)  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh :o/ I can sympathize. My poor laptop's hard drive was completely cooked. God has blessed me this semester with a new computer, and I am so grateful that He has done the same for you. Praying you locate the CDs!

Blessings,
Jillian