Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Virginia's First Official Visitor and Misc. Updates

Our pastor called & came by for a visit this afternoon. How wonderful to have Virginia's first "official" visitor be our pastor. He held her & prayed for her and our entire family just before Wesley & Emma went down for nap. We just love Pastor Bert, and his love for his flock. We are thankful for the church family God has provided for us here! He always takes such good care of us wherever we go. Thank you Lord!

Virginia enjoyed her time in Pastor Bert's arms. As a matter of fact, she began to fuss when he returned her to me. =0( Of course, she was ready to sleep & quickly went to sleep as I held her.

Others have visited very quickly to drop off a meal (a HUGE blessing), but the only ones who have seen Virginia are the ones who were here when she was born... OH, and our chiropractor! He made a house call on Thursday afternoon to help me recover at a quicker pace! Thank you, Lord, for compassionate people!

Thankfully, everyone in the house is well! It seems it was a 24 hour or less virus... and only Kelly & Olivia & Derek suffered.

Many have mentioned they are "afraid" to call. You are MORE than welcome to call. I cannot promise you that we will answer, but you can leave a voice mail or a message with Kelly. If I am back in our room, I cannot even hear the phone ring. Of course, e-mail, blog, & facebook messages are great, too. I may not respond to any of the messages anytime soon, but please know they are received! We are blessed by your comments and prayers.

Virginia slept a lot last night instead of fussing or crying most of the night, so today I have felt MUCH more human! She is a little blessing, but she has been our first to be so fussy during the WHOLE night. Yesterday I worked harder at making sure she ate every 2-3 hours & stayed awake for a FULL feeding. This must have helped. Plus, I think she's just getting used to life "out here" with the whole gang! We'll see tonight!

Well, it is about time for her to be eating again, so I better be going.

Blessings,
Melinda =0)

PS I know many of you (based on your messages) are waiting for the "whole" story. I hope to do that sometime in the next couple of days. I will put it on the All Things Baby blog, but I will put a little message here so you'll know it is there! =0)

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

How sweet!! But I thought I was her first visitor! Ha!=0)Hope you all are well and rested!Looks like she hasn't lost any baby weight, like they do after they are born.