Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Friend, Karol

I have a friend, Karol, who I've known since I moved to Jacksonville, Florida in 1992.  She has been an amazing blessing in my life.  We've had ups and downs in our relationship, but she seems to be a friend God has blessed me with regardless of my faults and weaknesses.  I just love her.  She loves me unconditionally!  It is easy to love her.  (Gosh, that's just like God's love, isn't it... I love Him because He first loved me....)

Karol is an incredible artist.  I don't mean she can just paint or just draw or just sew... she can do it all... and I mean, she can do anything!  God has given her an amazing talent... or I should say talentsssss!  I have many things in my home that were made by Karol.  She can even create art on the computer making website wallpaper & things like that.  Recently (well kind of recently), she has started drawing with color pencils again.  You should check out her work at her website.  I think you will be amazed with her artwork!  If you have a building you want her to draw, you should ask her about it!  If you are one of my aunts or uncles, you should have her draw the old farm house!

Well, the last thing I want to tell you about Karol is her love for the Lord.  Although she is an amazing artist, what I always think about when I think about Karol is her passion for the lost!  I mean those without a relationship with Christ.  From what I remember, Karol was a fairly new Christian when we met.  She was on fire for Christ and wanted to share Him with her coworkers.  And she did!  Many people she worked with came to Christ!  It was so awesome the way she shared His love so unashamedly with others.  It has always given me more courage when I needed it!  Thanks, Karol, for being bold for Christ.  Thank you for being my friend!  I love ya & pray for you!

May we all be a friend (and have a friend) like Karol!  

Have a great day!  

Blessings,
Melinda  =0)   

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Wow! she is talented!

Primate Buddy said...

She's been a great friend to me too, a great woman.