Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

June 5, 2008 - Olivia's Haircut

Olivia decided she wanted to get her hair cut. At first, I was not gung ho! After a while, I decided it might be a good idea for the summer especially if she was going to my sister's house for "Camp Shoemaker." This would help Michelle out a lot! =0) I mentioned something about Locks of Love, and Olivia thought that was a great idea. I didn't know if here hair was long enough, but after some research and measuring, Olivia had 10 inches she could donate! So the next step was deciding when. Olivia really wanted to get it cut while in TN, so I asked my sister to make an appointment with her "lady," so that's what we did. In one of the pictures you can see Aunt Marcia and Granny looking on during the process! Olivia was brave throughout the whole haircut and never had any regrets!









Here are her "after" pictures. She looks 10 years older! Boo Hoo! She loves it. I really like it, too. (Although I do still miss her long hair.) Thankfully her new style is very easy & must be a great cut because she wakes up with it looking great! =0)

6 comments:

Becky Armstrong said...

Donating to Locks of Love was a wonderful thing to do, Olivia. You look so pretty! Of course, you're pretty on the inside too, and that's what really counts.

Anonymous said...

Good job Olivia!! Abigail and Lauren donated their hair to Lock of Love about 3 months ago. Abigail's haircut is just like yours!!! You look very happy and you will make some little one very happy!! Maggie Ellis

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

i love your haircut olivia!! it looks so pretty. i wish my hair would look like that! :) i have donated my hair to locks of love 2 times now-and i hope to do it again! you are growing into such a beautiful young lady! i miss you! hugs and kisses. :)

Mary Ann said...

Ovilia, I like your new hair cut! You really look adorable! You should be proud of donating your hair to the other children who really need it!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you, Olivia! You're a beautiful girl inside and out because Jesus' love is flowing from you to others who need it.
Hugs and Kisses from Miss Amy - who delivered you! : *