Monday night close to midnight EST, we rolled into our driveway! It is always good to be home again, but we sure had a nice visit in TN! I have several posts I'm going to add to our blog about our trip. I didn't have a chance to post them there, but I have the pix. So keep checking back.
Dano is back at the hangar today hard at work. (At least I assume he is!) I'll talk to him tonight to find out what he's up to now. There is always work to be done... airplanes to be fixed. I'm so thankful God allows us to use our gifts and talents to glorify Him and to help spread the Gospel. When I say "us" I mean all God's children... not just Dano & me. God designed it that way so that we could bring Him glory in all we do!
Now that we're back home, our pace is a little slower in some ways. While we still have school work to be done, we have "officially" completed our 180 days for the record, but there are some things we still need to complete! So we'll still be doing some school. Derek is about to go crazy waiting to start Kindgergarten, so I'm going to be doing some more stuff with him.
Yesterday (Tuesday), I went to the introduction meeting for a Bible study I'm going to be doing this summer that a friend is holding in her house. It is the Beth Moore study Stepping Up. I'm so looking forward to it. We will be studying the 15 Psalms of Ascent (120-134). I honestly knew nothing about these. I'm real excited to learn about them. A good reminder I received yesterday from Beth (and the Holy Spirit) was that we're all on a pilgrimage (like those the Isrealites were required to take for Feasts). Our pilgrimage will allow us to know God better and to Glorify Him... if we allow it to! We can't get STUCK in our present circumstances; we have to keep moving on and up... and learning from whatever comes along our path. Another truth that spoke to me was how God will feed the hungry... so we must come to His word HUNGRY! He will fill us! If we are too filled with OURSELVES or with THINGS OF THIS WORLD, there will be no room for God or His Word. (ouch) Not only is this true for ME, but I need to think about this for MY KIDS, too!
Well, when I say we'll be slowing down... I just mean schoolwork, I guess, because next week will be CRAZY!! Actually, it will start this weekend. I'm going to a homeschool conference somewhere in SC. I need to figure that out real soon! =0) But please pray for me to have wisdom as I will be deciding about a couple of things I want to change (maybe) in our curriculum. Then on Monday our VBS starts. So for 5 days we'll be on the go. I know some of you do this every day, day in and day out, but it isn't our normal routine. So I'm thinking it might be a bit exhausting for us! But how I want you to cover us in prayer is for what I will be doing during VBS. I will be doing the Bible time for the elementary grades. Will you please pray for this time to go well? For there to be no distractions. For God's Word to be heard by these children. For lives to be changed by His Gospel. Many of these children will already have accepted Christ, but they need God to be REAL to them. There will be others who may be ready to make that decision to accept Christ. If you would like to commit to pray for me & the children on a day next week, can you please leave a comment & let me know which day so that we can have at least each day covered by one person? If 5 days are already chosen, more than one person can pray each day! =0) I'm looking forward to knowing you are praying!
Well, I need to get these kiddos down for nap! I'll have some quiet time to do some more prep for VBS and do some of my Stepping Up homework! Thank you for praying for my prep time, too!
Love,
Melinda =0)
3 comments:
Melinda, Great to see you again. Know that "happy home " feeling well. I will pray on Wednesday. Love ya bunches Sharon.
put us down for tuesday praying for you and vbs but we'll try to remember to pray every day. :)
So glad you are home! But Im sure you had a wonderful time with family :)
We will add you to our prayer list, but count us in for Friday!
Post a Comment