Perhaps you've heard of the Kodiak! It is the Future of Mission Aviation. This aircraft was developed for missions. I should have Dano write this post instead of me, but I'll do my best. I want to hurry up and get this info out so you can track the flight (see below).Maybe you have heard that overseas there is a shortage of the fuel small, piston engine, airplanes use. Well, this shortage causes the cost to go up as you might have guessed. This cost is passed on to "the church" (you know... all of us who support missions). So, mission organizations have been trying to figure out how to use aircraft with turbo prop engines in the remote locations. The turbo prop engines use a different fuel that is readily available at a much cheaper cost! This saves GOD's money to be used in other areas of missions. Some turbo prop planes have been used successfully, but in a lot of areas, they still needed something a little smaller & a little tougher... enter the Kodiak!
Like I said, the Kodiak was designed for this job. It will also be sold to others who need an aircraft like this. You know, those places in Alaska that can only be reached by plane, etc. But mission organizations are so excited about this new design! Also, the company selling the Kodiak is giving them away to mission organizations after so many are bought. I don't remember the specifics about this, but maybe after 7 are purchased (by others) the 8th is free to a mission organization. (Now, I could be wrong about that, but I remember something very generous like that!) Check out this website to learn more about the Kodiak: http://www.questaircraft.com/index.php
BUT what I wanted to share with you is that JAARS is about to receive their first! "Ours" is pictured above. It is painted to match the other JAARS aircraft. Kodiak #8 has left Sandpoint, Idaho and is on its way here! You can track its flight by going to this website: http://www.flightaware.com/
Type "N498KQ" in the Flight/Tail # box on the left side of the page. The arrival date and time could be as early as Saturday afternoon, January 10 here at JAARS (tomorrow)! Hurry on over so you can see it landing!!
If you miss the landing, you can still pray. You can pray for a safe trip here to the east coast. You can pray for the future service of this aircraft. Later this year, it will be headed to PNG to aid in Bible Translation and other needs the missionaries and nationals have.
Thanks for being interested in our lives and ministry! Thanks for praying for the work of the Lord all around the world! God is at work! Don't miss out on the adventure!
Blessings,
Melinda =0)
No comments:
Post a Comment