Well, can you believe another new year is upon us? I can't!
As is tradition with a lot of people, Dano & I have set a goal... a resolution, I guess! We have decided to read through the Bible in 2009. We plan to use a schedule I found online. They have several options. The one Dano chose for us is the chronological schedule. We think this will be exciting!
I'm sorry to say, that I have never done this. I have tried several times to read through the Bible, but I have never completed it successfully! Hopefully, this year will be different. Not only will Dano be holding me accountable, but Olivia wants to do it, too. So, I cannot be a slacker!
Supposedly you can do this by reading just 15 minutes a day?? So, I figure, if I can read e-mail for that much time (or more) or watch TV for that much time (or more) or chat with my sisters for that much time (or more) or read something else for that much time (or more) THEN surely I can read the Bible for that much time OR MORE to complete this goal!!
So... the challenge... do you want to join us? If so, let us know. We can all hold each other accountable!! Comment below or send us an e-mail.
Here is a link to what we are using. http://www.ewordtoday.com/year/31/cjan01.htm
I printed it out for us, but you can even do it online... you won't even have to look up those hard to find books! ha! I guess we all need to practice those skills. If you don't want to use the plan we're doing, just click on the link above and click home at the top of that page... then you have several choices.
Well, I look forward to hearing from you! You can just ask me every so often how I'm doing!
Blessings for a Happy New Year!
Melinda & gang
PS A friend from church loaned us a flat screen monitor til we decide what to do about our computer laptop screen. This screen is awesome!! Thank you friend & God!
3 comments:
Happy New Year! Thanks for the challenge. I'm in. S in Tn.
Hey what a great idea. Im in too
this is such a great thing to do. my family started doing it while i was in brasil and they still do it! we used to do it every night, but unfortunately, we dont get to it every day as a family. we are also doing personal reading based off of the gideon schedule. praise God for His word to us!! :)
Post a Comment