South America Mission (SAM Air) purchased a Cessna 206 floatplane last fall to augment their support assets in Peru. SAM Air is a mission organization that continues the on going effort of support for the literacy workers. After the plane was flown in to JAARS, Waxhaw. We began to modify it into a landplane with several JAARS modifications thrown in. This is the project I have been attached to since October O7'. It is now nearing completion and is scheduled for a May 08' arrival in Peru, South America.
In the picture above, I am repairing the fiberglass nosebowl that covers the front of the engine.
This is one of two magnetos I recently overhauled for a JAARS Cessna 206 serving in Papua, New Guinea.
The magnetos were shipped with the engine. The engine was overhauled here in Waxhaw, NC. The three pix are before, during, and after shots. These engine accessories are resposible for generating the spark for each spark plug. By counting the distributor towers you can see that this magneto is made for a six cylinder engine. Once these magnetos were timed and attached to the engine, they ran perfectly. 

This is one of two magnetos I recently overhauled for a JAARS Cessna 206 serving in Papua, New Guinea.
No comments:
Post a Comment