Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Celebrating!


What a wonderful time we had in TN celebrating Marcia (in the light pink shirt) & Samuel!! I was thankful I got to fly there for the weekend. I got to stay with my sister Michelle & her husband (Greg) & their teenage daughter. My "little" sister stayed there one night, too. So we had a great time preparing things for the shower! Lots of fun sister & niece bonding time! Greg stayed outside most of the time... hmmmm... not sure why! ha! (Actually, he's still cleaning up from the Feb. tornado damage.)


The shower was a fun family affair with some other LONG time family friends! It was a blessing to be able to be there! Unfortunately Samuel wasn't able to be there, of course, but Marcia got to make it! We also had some cousins come in from quite a distance. That was great! It was a Tea Party Theme since Marcia has always loved pretty tea pots & cups. One of my aunts came up with the table centerpieces... pansies potted in tea cups. Aren't they adorable?


My flights to & from were great... for the most part. I set the buzzer off twice at the Charlotte airport, so I had to get frisked! I guess they were suspicious of the big belly! Ha... I think it was my sterling silver slide & cross! I did pass & get to board my first flight. It was kind of funny, I thought! Both times I had a layover in Atlanta. On the flight from Atlanta to Nashville we encountered some turbulence. That is normally not too bad... just a little unnerving... but ONCE we fell a little bit! If we hadn't had on our seat belts, we'd have all hit our heads. Afterwards, we all sat up a little straighter & started paying attention... like that would have changed anything! I'm sure a lot of the passengers were saying a few extra prayers like I was!


The best thing about my flights were actually some great people God put in my path. Originally, I was going to try to take all the flight time & layover time to enjoy the solitude & "silence." Well, before I left, I started feeling a little guilty for my selfish attitude! So, I surrendered & told God that I would be willing to be used however He wanted me to be used. If there was someone that needed to hear about Him & His love & forgiveness & His Son, then I wanted Him to use me to share that with them. Well, instead God placed some amazing people in my path to minister to me! Isn't that neat? I just love the way God works!


Well, I need to feed these kiddos & Dano some lunch. Dano is out mowing our huge yard on a Forest Gump Snapper that came with the house. I should take a picture of him on it! It takes him several days (hours & hours) to get both the front & back mowed! We have lots of trees & other things that he has to mow around! We love the land we're on though! It is so beautiful! Thank you, Lord, for SPRING!! I love the green leaves, the beautiful flowers, etc., etc.!!


Love ya,

Melinda =0)


No comments: