Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Monday, April 28, 2008

April Showers Bring APRIL Flowers!



Can you believe that these are flowers in our yard?? If you know me well, you will say, "NO!" I do not have a green thumb. As a matter of fact, I'm not real sad about it. I wish you could have a beautiful yard just by wishing! Okay, that may make me sound lazy, but it is true. I don't enjoy yard work. I'm afraid of bees & fire ants (I'm allergic to both). The grass makes me itch! And weeding... GOSH... what a job! Nonetheless, I am getting to enjoy God's beautiful creation in my own yard as a result of me doing nothing! What an awesome blessing!

The family who lived here for years were major gardeners! I am reaping the benefits of their hard work. (Gosh, I'm sure there is a spiritual lesson there!) Unfortunately, they were ill the last several years they lived here, then no one lived here for a while, so NOW the beds are FILLED with weeds. But the flowers still bloom. I'm sure eventually the weeds will choke them out, but for now we are blessed. (Another spiritual lesson?)

Just for those who gasp at the idea of the weeds & me not wanting to weed... I am doing my best to make a dent! Whenever we go out to play, I am trying to pull up some weeds & prune some of the trees & bushes. I'm even trying to get the kids involved. They work for a little while. =0)

Well, I just thought I'd share some beautiful flowers with you. I wish you could see them in person... and help pull some weeds! Anyone up for a mission trip!? hee hee!

Love, Melinda =0)

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

That is so funny especially after you were telling us Wed. about it.
They are beautiful!!!Just do one flower bed at a time then it will not be over whelming. Kids love to weed. Give them a bucket and make a game out of it, to see who can get their bucket the fullest ! hee hee! Flowers are my serinity and sainity! I love to flower garden! But not weed! Just another of Gods wonderful creations!!!