... when you're having fun... or when there are 1,000,000,000 things going on in your life! I can't believe I haven't posted anything since June! I was preparing some other posts back in June about my birthday and some really wonderful cultural things we did... but I see they are still in my drafts! Oh well... maybe one day!
Also, the past 6 months or so have been a real trying time for me spiritually... listening to the Lord, struggling with some truths, needing serious changes in my own life, and still trying to get a handle on this "thing" called parenting and dying to self, etc., etc., etc.!
So a quick catch up...
In June... I turned 40!!
In July... we moved to our "permanent" house
In August... Olivia turned 11; we started back to school (homeschool, that is)
In September... we started packing (for our 3 month trip) just as we finished unpacking (from the move)
In October... we boarded a plane to fly back to the island/town where we studied the language
In November... we HOPE to meet our little Joseph face to face
In December... we HOPE to rest, recover, and receive all the needed paperwork for Joseph plus Dano turns 42!!! and Wesley turns 6!!!
In January... we HOPE to return to our "permanent" home on the other island!
So.... there you have it... some highlights (not so exciting)... and not even a single picture! Gee! Of course... if you are my "friend" on facebook... you've seen pix... and have probably had too many updates!
We appreciate your prayers especially as we approach the birth of Joseph due in about 6 weeks. Please pray for a safe, normal delivery... a healthy baby and mommy...and God's perfect provision during this crazy time of transition!
THANK YOU for keeping up with us and lifting us up!
Love,
Melinda & gang =0)
No comments:
Post a Comment