Okay, this is a little late being posted... but we did have a little party for Virginia. Traditionally we go home (to Tennessee) for our kids' first birthdays... but that didn't work out for Virginia since Dano is in orientation. We tried to do it a few weeks early before orientation began... but the weather wouldn't cooperate with us... so... we just waited and had her a party here with our little family! It was still fun! Virginia enjoyed it. I think the other kids enjoyed it more! I'm so glad they love to celebrate their baby sister! Of course, the fact that they got CAKE always helps... especially in a home where sugar is VERY limited. =0) I hope you can endure all the pictures and videos. Remember... our family is in Tennessee... this is the easiest way to share with them! =0) Enjoy! (For some reason, the videos are acting slow when you watch them. If you can endure through the first viewing... click "replay" then it will replay without all the stops.)

I used a friend's suggestion (thanks Diane) of using brown m&m's for the brown polka dots! I'm so glad she mentioned that because I tried a using chocolate icing in a tube... and the polka dots weren't so round. So the m&m's worked GREAT! One cupcake by itself was cute... I thought... but all together, they look a little crazy!
In this picture, you can see a little of Virginia's personality. She's fun! She loved the gift... she wasn't interested in opening it at first. It was great "as is."

She loves her lunch box from Aunt Marcia. Mommy loves it, too! =0) The rest of the gifts were opened on video. I didn't post those here, but I am putting this one of Virginia being silly with a card. (Wesley is singing Happy Birthday in the background near the end.)
Here we're all singing... you can see why we don't sing in public as a family!
These are two "Little People" we gave her. She LOVES to play with "Little People." After 5 kids, we own a village!
Olivia (8 1/2)
2 comments:
Very cute pictures!
I love how everything turned out! It was beautiful! I love that baby girl! For some reason she is a little special to me ;0) Hmmmmm!! wonder why!
Post a Comment