We had the privilege of meeting the man we actually rent from. He came down to meet us & take care of some other business. He and his family are in the states due to his wife's brother's passing away. (Keep them in your prayers... and the brother's extended family & friends too... that they might be drawn to Christ.) The owner of the farm serves as a missionary overseas with his family. It was a blessing to meet him. Whenever we meet people that know any of the family associated with this farm, we hear nothing but accolades about how wonderful they are... real servants for Christ.
Wouldn't that be great to leave that legacy behind? No matter who mentioned your name, others who heard it would be eager to sing your praises? Wow, I think that would be neat. I'm afraid everyone I know or have known wouldn't always be eager to do that.
Most importantly, don't we want our children to do that? What about our children's children? Do we live a life that will leave a LEGACY... a true legacy? One that our great, great, great grandchildren will hear about? Will they know of our passion for Christ? Will they know the sacrifices we were willing to make? Will they know that we sometimes chose what was NOT popular according to our culture to make a stand for our family or for our Lord?
Wow, I don't know where that came from but I needed to hear it. I've been kind of impatient with my kids the last two days. I don't want that to be my legacy. This legacy talk reminds me of a podcast I listened to not so long ago by Voddie Baucham. He's on fire for God & is an advocate for families. I will see if I can post that link here. You might have to search for it at the iTunes store, if the link doesn't work. It is free. The title of the sermon is Multigenerational Promise on Jeremiah 29:11. You can listen to it at his website if you don't have an ipod. Here is the link: http://www.voddiebaucham.org/vbm/Podcast/Entries/2008/1/7_Multigenerational_Promise.html
If that doesn't work, go to http://www.voddiebaucham.org/ and click on podcast at the top, then scroll down for the correct sermon. I think you will enjoy it & be challenged!
Well, if you're still here, send up a prayer for Dano's truck. It died yesterday. Hopefully it is not the complete end for it. It will hopefully be something simple... but it could be as bad as the transmission. In the meantime, we're taking him to work & picking him up on days we need the van. So pray for wisdom for us in getting it fixed.
**Shortly after posting this while I was making dinner, Dano called! He said his truck was fixed! It cost $55 for the part (a shifting cable), and he was able to do the labor! So he is DRIVING home after work! Yea! Thank you, Lord for answering this prayer request before anyone knew about it!**
Also, just as a marker... it was 4 weeks ago today that I delivered Seth. It is hard to believe it was that long ago. Sometimes it DOES seem like forever ago, but other times it seems like I was pregnant yesterday. I'm doing okay today. God's strength is made perfect in my weakness.
Well, I need to get dinner made early. The kids & I are going to eat, then we're picking up Dano from JAARS, then we're going straight to church. Tonight is their AWANA Awards.
Have a blessed day!
Love,
Melinda =0)
No comments:
Post a Comment