Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Monday, January 24, 2011

WANTED: Pink Blanket



WANTED: Pink Blanket... if you have one EXACTLY like this, I want to buy it if the price is right. I want a "back up" for Virginia's FAVORITE thing. I can't find one at any of the Targets around here. I think they are discontinued. =0( I found one on e-bay but the price just went out of my range. =0( It is a Carter's Just One Year. I'll pay shipping, too.


I know a lot of you are yard sale junkies or thrift shop browsers... if you see one, please get it for us!  I will reimburse you!  


Originally it was around $14, I think.  So, I would prefer not to pay more than this with shipping... but I might pay a little extra.  Sleep at night is VALUABLE!  =0)  I'm looking for a substitute because when we were in TN, she got sick on her blanket. She wouldn't go back to sleep until it was out of the dryer! UGH! I don't want to ever have a repeat of that! =0


Thanks for looking!!  =0)  


UPDATE:  A friend in TX found a blanket almost exactly like this one (from Target also made by Carter's Just One Year).  The pink satin around the edge is the same and it has embroidery around one corner.  But the minky dot material in the middle is white with pink hearts on it instead of solid pink and the back is more like a fleece material where Virginia's is pink satin.  Paul offered to get it for us and I asked him to get it & keep it in case we found a pink one.  Well, I was at a different Target with a friend and found the same one as Paul.  I bought it & brought it home.  (and let Paul know he could take his back)  I had it in the bag on the table.  When Virginia saw it, she said, "BLANKET" and immediately started rubbing "the" corner and sucking her thumb!  The differences weren't enough to distract her.  So... I have found a blanket that will do the trick; HOWEVER, I would still LOVE to find an EXACT back-up for two reasons:


1) moving to a third-world area, the pink will show less dirt


2) the satin backed blanket will be much more appropriate for a tropical climate instead of a fleece blanket


I'm pretty sure now that the only place to find this blanket will be in a resale shop, a yard sale, or in someone's home.    

No comments: