Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Virginia Sees the Ocean

Virginia - 17 months




Virginia got to see the beauty of God's creation at Fernandina Beach this evening in Florida!

We are spending a few days with some good friends from Mandarin (Jacksonville) who now live in Yulee, Florida.  The husband (Dan) & oldest son are out of town & will return tomorrow, but Michelle & their other two kiddos are here with us.  We decided to head to the beach this evening & enjoy the ocean without the hot sun & the need for sunscreen!  We grabbed some pizza & ate at the beach.  This was Virginia's first time at the beach, and she enjoyed it more than I could have imagined!  I LOVED watching her LOVE it.  All the kids LOVED it.  It was only the second or third time Wesley had been.. maybe Emma's third time, too.  I think the fourth time for the older kids.  Usually, whenever we come to Florida, we seldom have time for the beach.  Maybe this year we will go more than once.  Anyway... I'm posting a few pictures below.  THANK YOU, Dan & Michelle for letting us crash with you & cause chaos for a few days!  We love you!

Dano & all the kiddos
Dano, our boys with the swim shirts, Michelle's kids, then our girls
Virginia walked right into the water
She LOVED it!
Wesley... all pictures of him are blurry because he was constantly running!
Emma had a blast, too.
Olivia had a wonderful time in the waves.  Unfortunately, I did not get a
very good picture of her by herself.  =0(  
Another blurry picture of Wesley.
Wesley... again!
Emma running in!
Derek
Wow... Wesley... again!
Michelle's youngest son
Michelle's daughter
One last one of Emma

Not the best of pictures... I was trying to keep Virginia alive while clicking pictures with the other hand.  It didn't take long til the camera was put away, and I just enjoyed the time with Virginia playing in the surf & watching the other kids along with Michelle & Dano!  

No comments: