Thank You for Praying

Thank you for the many prayers for Melinda's Daddy. He is now HOME with the Lord. For his story, please visit his CaringBridge site.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Terima Kasih

Can I just tell you that a month is not long enough!?  We have run out of time again.  There are still friends we haven't contacted or connected with in the time we have been here in Texas.  The friends we have connected with... the time has been too fleeting.  An hour or two isn't adequate.  And can I just tell you that I stink at saying goodbye!?  I think to myself... I'm really going to say goodbye well to this person or that one!  I'm going to tell them how much they mean to me.  How much I cherish their friendship or the influence they've had on my life.  But in the end... I don't.  I think I would turn into a blubbering puddle of tears.  I just say goodbye... thank you.  That's all.  That is so inadequate for the influence so many of you have had on my life or the life of my family.

On one hand... it isn't really goodbye, right?  We'll be back soon enough.  What is three years?  Nothing... a drop in the bucket, really, especially when communication is so "easy" with facebook, e-mail, skype, texting, etc.  But it is goodbye... for no one knows what tomorrow holds.

So, as I give you a hug, say goodbye & thank you... please know that it means SO MUCH MORE than those simple words.  I am truly grateful beyond words.  I could say... terima kasih... which means "thank you" in Indonesian for that is the language we'll be speaking before we know it!

No comments: