Do you have this dog just sitting around your house? Does he need a new home? If so... we would LOVE to take him off your hands!! Please contact me if you're ready to part with him. His name is Whiffer, and he is one of the Ty Pluffies. He is retired. I can find him on the internet... but he is WAY out of my price range now.
You may wonder WHY I want him. It is a long story, but I will try to be brief. You see, when Derek was born (seven years ago), Granny (Dano's mom) sent him a dog like this one. Well, being a baby, he was clueless. Olivia, on the other hand, was a bright 20 month old that quickly became attached to the dog. She called him "Dog." That fall, I even made her a dog costume because she wanted to be a "Mommy Dog" for our church's fall festival. So that is the beginning of the story. The next couple of chapters are Olivia being in LOVE with this dog... and Derek NEVER realizing it was his. Then one time when we were in TN, Granny & Paw Paw took Olivia to Cracker Barrel and let her take "Dog" inside. "Dog" was lost. =0( Granny felt horrible, of course... but it was over. Then we all kept our eyes out for a new "Dog." Again... this was years ago. Well, my sister, Alicia, & I found one! We were THRILLED!! We saved the day! Well at some point later, I think Granny found another one. So now we had TWO which was PERFECT because now... Olivia could have her beloved Dog... and Derek could have the dog that was really his to begin with. All was well... we had two dogs. =0)
Then... enter Mommy with a bad idea. You see, Emma was born and as she got older, she became attached to one of the dogs. It was Olivia's. Olivia didn't approve of this relationship... but it happened. My bad idea involved Emma being allowed to take the dog into a mall. You guessed it... Dog was lost... again. Poor Dog! This was a couple of years ago. Olivia forgave me and we moved on with one dog... Derek's dog. He was never as attached to said dog as the girls... but now he was the sole owner.
Move forward to about one year ago... 6 years after the original Whiffer entered our life. Derek decided he was getting rid of him in my attempt to get the kids to "let go" of some stuff. Well, of course once Whiffer (a.k.a Bob) was in the "get rid of pile," he was quickly DESIRED once again by Olivia! Well, with a little trading... Whiffer was now Olivia's again. It didn't matter if he was the original one... he was loved!
But WHY on Earth do we need a second one now??? Well, once Whiffer (a.k.a. Bob a.k.a. Dog) was no longer Derek's... he suddenly and STRONGLY wanted him back. This has been an off again, on again "PROBLEM" in our house for about a year!! It causes MAJOR strife at times. Sometimes I just want to get rid of the dog we have so that no one can have him!! Does that make me mean? Probably. BUT what I REALLY want to do is find another Bob!! I mean Dog... oh, Whiffer!! So before Christmas I did a google search hoping to find one. I did... but like I said, it was out of our price range (for a stuffed animal)... BUT believe me... I REALLY considered paying for him BECAUSE it would solve problems!!
Then... this morning as there was a MAJOR falling out over the ownership of this dog once again... I thought I would come to you... do you have one??? Are you willing to part with him? If so, PLEASE e-mail me: melianddan@yahoo.com. I will be FOREVER grateful!!!
UPDATE... tonight I got an e-mail... I don't know who the sender is... but she is sending us a WHIFFER!! Isn't that amazing?? I will be forever grateful!! I cannot wait to give Derek this Whiffer (Bob)!! I will help guard him with my life!! If he ever wants to get rid of Bob again... *I* will keep him as a reminder of God's faithfulness... and a "stranger's" generosity!!
The last chapter... Bob Returns...
5 comments:
Hey Melinda!
There's a lost lovey website:
http://plush.dirtybutter.com/blog/labels/white%20lamb.htm
I don't know if anyone there would have one, but maybe! Also, there is a lady associated with that site who will replicate lost loveys. So, depending on how expensive the dog is, it might be cheaper to have one made?
http://www.susanssewnique.com/
She made us a new "boof boof" after Alatheia's was lost, and I couldn't find a replacement anywhere!
There's a new one on the site now too:
http://www.hannabrucebears.com/
Hey Melinda...It's Granny...I have just shared the website/blog with my
Quilting class "Beth & Company", reading the story about "Dog". They absolutely loved the story and your writing...Well you know or maybe you don't...Doris and Gloria, two of the ladies in my class, are teachers for "special needs children" and they both strongly suggest that you consider writing a childrens book with this story. We all loved it...Granny
I LOVE the video of Bob returning!!!! :)
Why did that story and video just make me cry??? I'm such a sap! Love you guys! Glad to hear you have another Dog in your family.
Thats to funny! Glad the Dod/Bob has returned. Maybe you should go a head and find 3 more for your others so that all the kids have one just to be on the safe side. ;0)
Post a Comment